Thursday, February 18, 2010

My name is Khan

I watched Sharukh Khan's movie, I was so touched by the story line. My family enjoyed it too. The film is about an autistic person but who said such a person cannot create a perfect world for others.

He shows you to be yourself, taught me so much about what prejudices mean. I only wish every American Caucasian gets to see this film. The country that elected a non Caucasian to the country's highest office must be proud of this movie.

It helps erase so much of the prejudices prevailing about Muslims and clearly communicates you cannot stop someone from showering their love and goodwill for you.

A wonderful movie. Just made me sit up and recognise what I should be doing for the needy every day of my life.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Dr Palan,

I'm glade that you were happy seeing this picture. But in my opinion, I was very disappointed to know of the censoring done by our Malaysian Government. The part that has a very strong message and good values, especially for the muslim society, has been cut.

Also I would like to recommend to you to watch the movie Khuda Ke Liye. It has a much stronger message.

Best regards,

Shakeer R